Recently, on a random Tuesday, Miles and I decided to uber over to Ruth’s Chris overlooking Ronald Regan National Airport — or as it will always be known to me: National. I thought it was kinda whimsical and a little decadent to go to a high-end steakhouse on a Tuesday.
Obviously we ordered steak, but for some reason that night I had a hankering for Ranch Dressing. So glad I did! Miles and I ordered the chopped salad with Ranch. It was sooo delicious! I told the waiter I was going to go home and search for the recipe online. I could already picture myself googling: ruth’s chris copycat ranch dressing!
He laughed and said, “Not necessary. I’ll tell you what it is.” I was reaching for my iPhone to write down the recipe when I hear, “buttermilk, mayonnaise, and Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.” Huh? Could it be that simple?
I got a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch. Ordered some buttermilk from the farm. Delicious. Easy. Homemade. And no matter how easy a homemade dressing is, it always impresses!Jump to Recipe Card by clicking this link. Or keep scrolling for my step by step.
Enjoy and bon appetite! 👩🏻🍳
Ruth’s Chris’ Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Here’s what you’ll need ->
- Hidden Valley Ranch packet
- Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- One Cup Measure
- Mixing Bowl
- Mason Jar or Other Container with Lid
This is going to be an embarrassingly simple step by step ->
Hellman’s Mayonnaise (one cup) in the bowl.
Buttermilk (one cup) in the bowl.
Hidden Valley Ranch dressing packet . . . you guessed it . . . in the bowl!
Wisk wisk wisk until it’s all combined.
Place in a storage container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so it comes together and thickens-up.
Super easy. Super Delish!
An Old Fashioned Printable for Your Recipe Box ->
Ruth’s Chris Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch's Buttermilk Ranch Packet (0.4 oz packet that makes 16 fl oz)
- 1 cup Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Buttermilk Ranch
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour dressing into a container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving so the dressing will thicken-up.
- Before serving shake or stir well.
Enjoy! xxx – Jennifer de Jiles