Super grateful that Chef Sebastien Rondier of Brabo has shared his famed Roasted Duck à l’Orange recipe with us! Growing up in southwest France Chef Sebastien didn’t have the traditional American Turkey Day dinner so many of us are used to — he had duck. So on Thanksgiving at Brabo you can enjoy turkey or Chef Sebastien’s signature duck dish.
This dry-aged whole duck is glazed and slow roasted. Chef uses the flavors of Autumn in the ingredients of this “grand classique”– garlic, shallots, star anise, cinnamon, black pepper, orange peels, and orange segments.
“My recipe was created to marry the salty, sweet, acidic flavors of the duck with the bitterness of the endives and the turnips. For better time management, I recommend preparing the legs one day before the duck breast.” says Chef Sebastien.
Know what else there is to be grateful for? Brabo is not only open on Thanksgiving, you can make a reservation to eat in the brasserie, take the feast home for your own table, or enjoy some festive nibbles in bar with the recently launched Brabo Grazing Table.
Here is the Roasted Duck à l’Orange recipe! And under the recipe card are some details on Thanksgiving at Brabo Brasserie that our friend Bonnary told us about! Sounds pretty yummy . . .
Thanksgiving at Brabo
Family-Style Thanksgiving Menu at Brabo Brasserie = $75 per person
- 24-hour brined turkey roasted with garlic, herbs and rosemary gravy
- Grilled NY steak with Beurre Maître d’Hôtel
- Baked Basquaise monkfish with spicy sausage and olives
- Duck confit salad with roasted beets, toasted pine nuts, arugula, and sherry dressing
- Old fashioned stuffing, fingerling mashed potatoes, green beans almondine, cranberry & red port jam, and baked sweet potatoes
- Fresh French baguette and salted butter
- Pumpkin cheesecake with whipped cream
- Seasonal berry cobbler with brown butter crumble
- Cinnamon ice cream
Available from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving (Thursday 28 November). Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling 703-894-3440 or visiting www.braborestaurant.com/brasserie.
Brabo at Home on Thanksgiving
Pre-Ordered Traditional Turkey or Signature Duck a l’Orange from Brabo Brasserie
The turkey dinner serves 8-10 people = $300
- 24-hour brined and roasted turkey (approximately 12 pounds)
- Rosemary gravy
- Old fashioned stuffing
- Fingerling mashed potatoes
- Green beans almondine
- Cranberry & red port jam
- Baked sweet potatoes
The duck dinner serves 2-4 people = $120
- Duck a l’Orange with roasted duck breast and braised duck legs (approximately six pounds)
- Grilled endive & radishes
- A tangy, citrus sauce
The turkey dinner is available for pre-order until Wednesday, November 20. The duck dinner is available for pre-order until Monday, November 25. Locals may pick up their pre-ordered dinners on Wednesday, November 27 from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or on Thursday, November 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Chef Sebastien will provide a personal note with reheating instructions for every turkey and duck order. Guests may send orders to email@example.com.
If you’re not already, be sure to follow our adventures on Instagram!
@oldtownpost | @oldtownhost | @miles22314
Leave a Reply